How to share your Music library across computers & iOS devices ?
Do you have an iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or an iPod and wondering how to share your entire music library across devices & computers ? If yes, then it’s pretty simple. All you need is to enable “Home Sharing”. Here are the simple steps to do so.
Before we start, some pre-requisites for this arrangement to work – 1) iOS 4.3 is required on your i-Device 2) Version 10.2 or abovefor the iTunes App.
1. First thing you would need is an “Apple ID” . If you don’t have one, please get one by signing up at the following Apple Website – https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/
2. After getting your Apple ID, you will need to enable Home Sharing by signing up with your Apple ID/Password.
3. To share your music, video or photo library goto your iTunes application & navigate to Edit -> Preference ->Sharing (From iTunes Top Menu)
4. Now go to the other computer where you want to listen to the streaming of this library & again sign on with the same “Apple ID/Password”.
5. For iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch & other i-devices, you need to enable Home Sharing for the iPod application through -> Settings ->iPod -> Home Sharing
6. To open the shared library on the i-Device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch & iPod), open the iPod application and go to More Menu available on the right hand corner.
7. You will now see a new entry called “Shared” as shown below.
8. Once you click on that you can see all shared libraries from your computer & you can now play the streaming music onto your device.